newbie, trying to figure a custom configuration

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:53 AM
have keepass, but could use console if neccessary.
am trying to figure out how to make passphrase generator make a custom string of
WordWordWord!nnn
3 words, first letter capped in each; 1 punctuation, 3 numbers
in that order (If I see how to do that, I can tehn modify the string)
it is easier for me to remember the words (no spaces), or to TYPE them, especially on phone if ihavve to log in somewhere.
I can make it longer, or more numbers,
BUT the current MUTATORS rules in the KeePass plugin put these characters randomly, and I'd like them in the order as above.
any feedback appreciated
thanks
Sun at 2:54 AM
When your account at Suzie's house of kittens gets hacked, people out there will have your formula, and then start going after your bank. In fact, since you just revealed it, they don't need to.
You're defeating yourself.
Get Keepass, use a password generator to make a good password for it, and stop trying to remember ALL your passwords.
You can put your encrypted DB on one of the free online storage sites, (again, use a password generator to make a good password for it,) and have it available when you need it. Ditto USB stick.
There's an app for Android (Keepass2Android ) that's secure.
Thus you need to remember 3- your login password, the pw for the cloud storage, and the Keepass pw. That's all.

If you think you can make good passwords, look at the ArsTechnica articles. The real danger is someone getting the encrypted PW file from a website or your bank, then banging at it offline.

As soon as somebody publishes "this is a good way to make a password" using some formula, that formula is immediately worthless.
But I can tell you I use a PW gen to make pws of at least 90 bits, and you can hammer on them for years.

You only need to remember 3 passwords: your login password, the pw for the cloud storage, and the Keepass pw. Oh, plus your phone- but those are so weak they're not worth mentioning.